Painting Workshop – Not Botanical Illustration! Sat 7th Aug 21
Out of stock
Summer Painting workshop exploring the beauty of ‘The Weleda Field’ with pattern designer, Emma Britton is now available to book. Use bold drawing and paint with a live gouache palette to create unique designs from observation. Normally closed to the public, this is a rare opportunity to be inspired by the magic of Weleda’s biodynamic gardens in Derbyshire.
Good to know! This isn’t botanical illustration but about looking for the beauty in nature and discovering how to capture and convey what you see. As a result, you’ll produce some dynamic, exciting designs. Illustrations will be evocative of their potential to use as a pattern for wallpaper, textiles and more.
Workshop participants will:
- Be guided in the principles of scale, composition and colour to create unique designs from nature, inspired by ‘The Weleda Field’
- Enjoy warm-up exercises introducing different painting techniques
- Work with a live gouache paint palette
- Benefit from a professional critique of their work
- Go home with at least three finished illustrations
- Work outside
Emma designed a packaging collection for Weleda in 2018, inspired by The Field.
Date: Sat 7th Aug 2021
Time: 2pm – 5pm break for tea and cake
Places: 10 spaces available
Age: 14+, no experience necessary
Cost: 45pp (including materials) £5 off for Weleda Advisors.
Where: The Field, Hassock Lane, Heanor, Derbyshire, DE75 7JH
Covid: If the event has to be cancelled due to Covid-19 you will be fully refunded.
image credit: Elly Lucas